Cue up the 1970’s southern California singer-songwriter music ’cause I’m noticing a style trend and it needs a soundtrack.
But first, check out these ultra feminine dreamy bohemian frocks:
I’m loving the romantic, witchy vibe of these retro-glam maxi dresses:
All the velvets, silks, and neo Edwardian flourishes are lifted straight from 1970’s styles like these:
Then and now, these etherial gothic confections are brought back to earth with a sturdy boot or clog and accessorized with just a pendant necklace. Hair is styled simply, either loose or braided. Dubbed “festival dresses” in their modern iteration, they are being worn for day as well as evening.
Here are a few 1970s stunners I have in the shop right now:
As promised, here’s your 70s So-Cal soft rock playlist to get you in the mood for a festival dress:
- Ladies of the Canyon-Joni Mitchell
- Marrakesh Express-Crosby, Stills and Nash
- Sweetheart of the Rodeo-The Byrds
- Doctor My Eyes-Jackson Browne
- Heart Like a Wheel-Linda Ronstadt
- You’re Only Lonely-JD Souther
- Return of the Grevious Angel-Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris